2a - STUDENT PROFICIENCIES
2b - TECHNOLOGY INTEGRATION
2a - Data Required: Unduplicated number of 8th graders evaluated for
technology literacy under the district's methodology as defined by the state at
the end of the 8th grade for the current school year. Section 2a will be
completed by the district STaR Chart contact.
2b - Data Required: Does your
district effectively and fully integrate technology as defined by the state?
- Students included in this report are those exiting 8th grade in the current
- Technology literacy for 8th graders is defined as Mastery of the
Technology Application TEKS for Grades 6-8 as demonstrated by 70% or higher
- The number of technology literate 8th graders must be derived from
measurements conducted during the school year.
- Texas defines effectively and fully integrated as: Teachers and
students have regular access to digital resources and technology tools that are
integrated into the curriculum through various instructional settings.
- Districts may support their answer to this reporting requirement by referring to
the Campus and Teacher STaR Charts.
- Section 2b will be answered with a 'Yes'
Contact the NCLB Technology Mailbox with any questions you may have.